VoIP – Voice over Internet Protocol – is an important advancement in the field of telecommunications. This technology has enabled large and small businesses to integrate many exciting new features into their phone systems without compromising performance or reliability. Traditional phone systems are increasingly unable to handle the diverse organizational structures and advanced communication requirements of today’s business world. Ideacom Solutions Group provides VoIP for Florida businesses in search of superior technical solutions.
Maximizing Existing Resources
While traditional phone systems relied on a dedicated network of wires and hardware, Orlando VoIP systems are integrated into a business’s existing computer network infrastructure. There are several advantages associated with supporting a phone system within a computer network. For instance:
- Long-distance phone call charges can be eliminated.
- Mobile phones can be integrated into the VoIP network instead of requiring calls to be relayed through an operator.
- Call forwarding, caller ID, voicemail, and other features are fully integrated into the system by the VoIP provider.
- Phone lines can be added, dropped, or reassigned without disrupting the rest of the system; company growth is seamlessly accommodated.
- The costs associated with collaboration tools such as video conferencing can be reduced.
Security and Convenience
VoIP technology is highly secure. When properly configured, the computer network protects both voice and data. This is important for any company, especially those dealing with financial information and other sensitive material.
A VoIP system is also highly convenient. Employees can access the network remotely, allowing them to work at home or in the field. The resources available directly from an office network can be made available regardless of an employee’s location; this makes enhanced productivity possible and provides better support for customer service operations.